first aid wheels - terms and conditions
General rules (click to expand)
1. All vehicles must be supplied with the requisite tool for locking wheel nuts and other special tools for wheel removal & fitting where applicable.
Please note that certain high gloss finishes such as; Chrome effect finish, Shadow Chrome, Platinum Silver, High Power Silvers or Ghost & Gloss Black show blemishes more readily (depending on the condition of the wheels). In some of these cases we cannot guarantee a perfect finish, this is normally only noticeable on close inspection and not noticeable when wheel is on the car.
The standard rubber valves are free of charge with the refurbishment but specialist valves such as metal ones can be requested at extra cost. The original metal valves can be refitted if in good condition at customers request but we do not take responsibility for leaks resulting from re-fitting old valves.
We recommend to replace the valve steam after each removal or at least servicing them with service kit available this days, please ask for details.
Additional terms and conditions for the exchange service (click to expand)
1.All our wheels are guaranteed to be genuine original equipment unless otherwise stated.
2. All wheels sold by FAWHEELS are colour matched as close as possible to their original colour using powder coating unless otherwise stated. However, fawheels do not guarantee an 100% colour match.
3. All customers wheels for exchange must be in a serviceable condition - i.e not buckled, no missing pieces and not cracked.
4. Any wheels rejected for refurbishment by FAWHEELS CAN'T BE EXCHANGED..
5. FAWHEELS reserves the right to refuse a wheel if considered to be beyond repair. If the customer wishes to exchange a wheel that is known to be damaged, FAWHEELS must be contacted at the time of order, to confirm whether the wheel will be accepted for exchange.
6. FAWHEELS will only accept customers' wheels that are identical to the ones ordered by the customer.
7. If during the exchange we find out that the customers' wheels are not as described and have hidden damage or not the same as ours, we can charge the customer for the work done so far and exchanging wheels back.
8. FAWHEELS check all wheels for run-out and guarantee to be within 1mm deflection.
9. Payments:£40 deposit is taken with the order and than payment on collection. We accept cash payments and the Credit/Debit Card payment methods, in person only.
Additional terms and conditions for customers using "Loan Wheels" service (click to expand)
“Loan Wheels” are individual wheels or a set of wheels that are provided to customers while their own wheels are being refurbished or repaired by us.
The wheels that we loan to customers are valued at their potential resale value.
All loan wheels will be in roadworthy condition, although may be cosmetically imperfect and have signs of non-structural damage and wear.
A pre-authorisation charge will be made against the customers debit or credit card prior to loan wheels being fitted. The amount of this charge will be £400.00 for low value loan wheels, £700.00 for medium value loan wheels and £1000.00 for any vehicle deemed by us to be a luxury vehicle or where the value of the loan wheels justifies, in our opinion, the higher rate. The purpose of the pre-authorisation is security against the non – return of our loan wheels and or the damages to our loan wheels/tyres and the amount of the charge will be forfeited in certain circumstances as set out below.
Any wheel left with us for refurbishment or repair that remain uncollected after 14 days (of the customer being notified that they are ready) will be disposed of.
‘Disposed of’ for the purposes of paragraph 6 above means that the wheels will be sold as soon as practicable, for the best return available to us at that time. In practice, this means that we will sell the wheels for whatever we can get for them.
The amount recovered from selling uncollected wheels is unlikely to cover the refurbishment work done AND the value of the loan wheels.
You, the customer, by agreeing to these terms, accept that FAW will use legal process to recover any debt arising due to a pre-authorisation charge being insufficient to cover loss to FAW in the event of non – collection of your wheels and/or non – return of loan wheels.
You the customer, by agreeing to these terms, agree that you will meet the actual costs incurred by us in legal fees Court fees, in the event that we have to take steps to recover money owed, whether such steps include the issue of Court proceedings or not (indemnity basis).
It is the customer’s responsibility to inspect loan wheels and tyres for roadworthiness, including any requirements under the Road Traffic Act.
FAW assume no responsibility for, and you the customer remain responsible for, any punctures or tyre failure that occurs once you have left our premises. For clarification, any puncture will have to be dealt with as if it occurred when using your own wheel/tyres.