1. All vehicles must be supplied with the requisite tool for locking wheel nuts and other special tools for wheel removal & fitting where applicable.
2. All customers vehicles left on our premises are fully insured for accidental damage, fire & theft. We accept no responsibility for existing damage or bad condition. Any vehicle checked into our premises will be subject to a damage assessment. We accept no responsibility for personal belongings left in vehicles or any mechanical faults such as ignition problems, hand brake failure, strange engine noises, electrical failure etc.
3. We endeavour to provide a same day service where possible, this can only be guaranteed if:-
-The car or wheels are delivered to our workshop before 9am
-The wheels do not contain any hidden defects that may delay the repair process
-Same day service cannot be guaranteed on split wheels, two tone finish, special custom or if the wheels are bigger than 19”
4. All customers will be contacted before any additional work is carried out e.g. straightening or welding. We reserve the right not to complete a repair if we believe that the wheel will not be safe on completion. Wheels that have been badly damaged e.g. badly bent and cracked may never perform as well as they originally did.
5. We can refurbish wheels to the highest standard; however in some cases where wheels are very badly damaged, have poor casting, have been poorly repaired previously or have excessive corrosion (can become apparent when old finish is removed) it can be difficult to obtain our usual perfect finish. Please bear in mind the cost of replacing the wheel and appreciate work done to a high quality finish at a fraction of the cost.
6. We guarantee our workmanship for 12 months on our painted finish (n.b. this guarantee does nor apply to polished surface). The guarantee covers the re-appearance and the quality/durability of our coatings. It does not cover intentional or accidental damage, the use of knock on weights, kerbing, stone chips or fair wear & tear.
If you are immediately not happy with our workmanship we will undertake the repair again.
Please be aware that certain high gloss finishes such as; High Power Shiny Silvers or Ghost & Gloss Black show blemishes more readily (depending on the condition of the wheels). In some of these cases we cannot guarantee a perfect finish, this is normally only noticeable on close inspection and not noticeable when wheel is on the car.
7. Wheels welded for cracked or split inner rim have a limited guarantee as they may crack again. Not necessarily in the same place but as a result of potholed roads or driving on flat tyres. We offer a one-month guarantee and will carry out the weld one more time, provided the damage is in the same place and there is no further damage to the wheel.
8. Customers must be aware of the risk of the wheel cracking during the straightening process. In this situation we offer to weld at extra cost with customers permission or not to finish the job with no charge.
9. In many cases tyre pressure sensor equipment can cause problems. We may have to cut the valve core and replace it. This leaves the sensor in tact. In some cases un-professional tyre fitters have already broken the sensors during previous repairs, we take no responsibility for such damage. I f we become aware of any additional problems we will contact the customer before taking any action to inform of additional costs.
10. Resetting valve sensors. First Aid Wheels is not responsible for resetting any vehicle computers used for monitoring tyre pressure. Owners should refer to their vehicle manual for guidance. We do are best to avoid these problems by setting the tyre pressure correctly before turning the ignition. The standard rubber valves are always free of charge with the refurbishment. Specialist valves such as metal ones can be requested for an extra charge. The original metal valves can be refitted if in good condition at customers request, we do not take responsibility for leaks resulting from old valves.
11. We take great care to ensure all wheels refitted by us are correctly adjusted for torque, and correctly seated on the hub using appropriate tools. The average pressure used is 115lb/ft, however it is the customer responsibility to check the correct torque tightness for your vehicle. We recommend that you check all wheel nuts for tightness after 50 miles of driving.
12. We reserve the right not to re-fit damaged or illegal tyres and can be fitted only at the customer’s request and is their responsibility. We can supply replacement tyres on request.
13. In the unlikely event that you are not satisfied with your finished wheel please contact us and we will do our best to resolve any problems.
14. Vehicles/Wheels will not be released until payment has been received. Wheels not collected after 30 days will be sold to recoup costs, unless prior arrangement has been made.